Deadline for application 30.09.2023.
- About University
WSG University is a non-state institution of higher education. Its foundation was preceded by a ten-year experience gained from providing post-secondary education aimed at qualifying staff for free market economy, in particular for tourism sector as well as for the use of modern IT technologies in company management. The education profile was embedded in the University’s name – Pomeranian University of Tourism and Hotel Management. It is still reflected in the character of the University and its current name – WSG University.
WSG University is the name officially used since January 2005. Earlier the University was known as Pomeranian University of Tourism and Hotel Management. The University was founded by KOLFER Company – one of the first private institutions in the region that was professionally engaged in national and international tourism. Once the innovative management and IT technologies proved to be effective in KOLFER, the company commenced training courses in the following areas: tourism, hotel industry, IT, economy and foreign languages. In 1995 Complex of Vocational Colleges was founded with the same rights as state schools educating and giving qualifications necessary to work in the following sectors: tourism, hotel industry, IT business and public administration.
In 1999 a non-state University was founded with one field of study and onespeciality. The inauguration ceremony opening the first academic year was attended by several hundreds of students. Year by year, the number of fields of study and specialities was growing, so was the number of renown and highly regarded lecturers. In the meantime, regional centres have been created in such cities as Malbork, Inowrocław, Toruń, Słupsk and Ełk. The University infrastructure and campus have been developed. In 2004. The University obtained the right to award Master degrees.
WSG University, currently the largest non-state institution of higher education in northern Poland, was established on the basis of the Ministry of National Education decision dated 17 March 1999 and has the same rights as state higher education institutions.
In 2019, WSG University celebrated its 30th anniversary. Currently, the University provides education to approximately 8 thousand students from all over the country in 30 fields of study and over 80 specialties.
Civil engineering (Engineering studies) 7 semesters
Civil Engineering is an interesting, creative, and buoyant field of human activity. It is one of the most popular and the most demonically developing fields of study. It also meets the needs related to owning a home, workplace, or a place for rest. Graduates who receive their engineering degrees are able to design and supervise new building constructions. They will be prepared to work on the private home constructions, as well as the industrial and special constructions facilities. These creative professionals will be responsible for countless aspects of everyday life: they design schools, renovation and strengthen the existing buildings, as well as build roads, and bridges.
Graduates will have the ability to use their creativeness to design new buildings, as well as the awareness and satisfaction of their contribution to the creation of the structures. They will also gain knowledge and skills in the use of computer software in technical design. The different computer programs will help to perform static calculations and dimensioning of metal, reinforced concrete, and wooden structures (Robot Structural Analysis, RM Win). They will get to know and learn how to use the programs (AutoCAD, Revit) for 2D, 3D drafting, designing, and documentation.
The interdisciplinary knowledge, related to the issues of engineering, economic, social, and legal aspects is connected with the broadly understood construction. In this field of study, students will get detailed, structured, and thorough knowledge:
- The theory of construction,
- The rules for the construction and dimensioning of building elements: metal, reinforced concrete, wood, masonry, and earthwork.
- About chosen computer programs supporting the calculation and planning of construction, such as Robot Structural Analysis, RM Win, or technical architectural and construction drawings using CAD (AutoCAD, Revit).
In addition to this, they will have basic knowledge:
- of legal regulations, standards, guidelines for design and operation of buildings,
- operation, renovation, and maintenance of buildings,
- design, construction, and operation of internal installations,
- building physics,
- thermal imaging studies of buildings,
- application of labor norms in civil engineering,
- organization and construction management rules,
- technology of construction works,
- running a business in the construction industry
- sustainable development in civil engineering,
- the impact of construction investments on the environment.
Sport management (MA) 4 semesters
Graduates of the “Sport management” master’s degree program will obtain complete and comprehensive, as well as unique knowledge of the functioning of sports organizations and institutions operating in the sports industry under market conditions. The complementary knowledge will make it possible and easier to manage any organization, including special attention paid to non-governmental organizations and other organizations related to sports and recreation. This is possible thanks to the combination of knowledge and experience provided by outstanding practitioners, top-class coaches and athletes who run a wide range of businesses after the end of their sports career. This module is a comprehensive “management in a nutshell” course. Upon completion, participants will have the knowledge, skills and practical foundations in sport management for management programs around the world.
The study is dedicated to people who want to manage professional and amateur sports organizations. People who want to broaden their knowledge of management, also to those who intend to work in clubs and other organizations in the future. Also for sports facility managers and employees of local government units responsible for the development of sports in local communities, and especially for athletes ending their careers and former athletes who intend to continue working in sports as managers of sports organizations.
Benefits for students: The studies will provide knowledge and good practices for those managing sports clubs, sports associations, companies, sports leagues and facilities, amateur sports organizations. It is also a program for employees of local government units dealing with sports in the region. The study program broadens knowledge and develops skills in the areas of marketing, financing in sports, management of sports organizations at different levels of sport and in various sports disciplines, and communication with the target market. The benefits of completing the program also include the ability to run a business that relates to sports and recreation or to effectively communicate and form relationships with the diverse stakeholders of these organizations. The employer will benefit by gaining a qualified employee who can effectively manage any sporting entity.
List of modules
- Fundamentals of management
- Sport organisation in Poland.
- Sport clubs and organisations in Polish law in comparison to foreign solutions
- Law and sport in Poland
- Management of public institutions in sport
- Organization and management of qualified sports clubs
- Managing a crisis situation in sport
- Management of human resources in a sports club
- Sports marketing
- Marketing communication in sport
- Coaching in Sport
- Sports manager in the club management system
- Financing sport in Poland and abroad
- Financial management of professional sports clubs
- Management of projects in sports
- International Project Management in Sport
- Organization and management of sport and recreational events
- Community service and volunteer work in sport event management
- Event management
- Introduction to data analysis in sports organization management
- Security of sporting events
- Construction and equipment of sports facilities
- Sports facility management
Nursing (BA) 6 semesters
Student, covering all fields in the field of social sciences, familiarize themselves with the scientific foundations (anatomy, physiology, pathology, etc.), the basics of nursing, take into account general medical knowledge and specialist nursing skills in the field of general diseases and geriatrics, pediatrics, neurology and rehabilitation, surgery, psychiatry, obstetrics, and gynecology, as well as palliative care.
List of modules
- Biochemistry and biophysics,
- Microbiology and parasitology,
International Business (MA) 4 semesters
A graduate of the second degree studies in the “Economy” with a specialization in “International Business” gains knowledge in the field of economics, the economics of international trade, business economics, European integration, international law.
Moreover a graduate has knowledge in:
- functioning of commodity markets and the global market,
- business activities in international markets,
- accounting and international finance,
- international banking,
- transnational corporations,
- functioning of global supply chains.
A graduate of the second degree area “Economy” specialty “International Business” gains the following skills:
- analysis and interpretation costs in the company for the purposes of decision-making,
- assessment of the condition of the companies and their competition in the international market,
- analysis and interpretation of economic phenomena,
- preparation of development plans for companies operating in global markets,
- strategic decision-making in a company’s global markets,
negotiations with business partners,
- implementation of innovative solutions in the enterprise
List of modules
- Consumer Behavior and Psychology;
- Economic Analysis of Foreign Trade Enterprises;
- Economics of Foreign Trade;
- Economic Valuation of a Company;
- Financial and Capital Market;
- Human Capital Management;
- International Business Negotiations;
- International Economics;
- International Financial Markets;
- International Logistics;
- Mathematical Economics;
- Multicultural Communication;
- The Company on the Global Market;
- Transport in International Trade;
- Unitary European Market.
Graduates may apply for following positions: economist, economic advisor, interpreter in business negotiations. Moreover, graduates may find employment in Polish and foreign companies in following sections: finances, accounting, market analysis; also in: banks, insurance companies, tax and accounting offices, tax chambers, units of state and local authorities, companies engaged in foreign trade. Graduates will be thoroughly prepared also to run their own business.
The obtained results allow the graduate with specialization in “International Business” to:
- work as a specialist in the import and export trade company, production companies engaged in trading activities in foreign markets;
- work as a trade specialist in international corporations;
- working in local government administration;
- work in the chambers of commerce and economic;
- work in the cells responsible for the economic analysis of production and trade;
- work in transport companies, logistics service providers in positions related to the area of trade.
International Business (BA) 6 semesters
Ongoing processes of globalization and regionalization determine the changes in the conditions of competition on international markets. These processes cause the constant evolution of the market environment. In order to adapt to ongoing changes skillfully, company must make decisions according to the strategy in foreign markets. It requires the employment of highly qualified staff having knowledge and practical skills relating to the area of foreign trade economics, law, international finance, international banking, international transportation and logistics. The purpose of education, specializing in “International Business” is designed to prepare graduates to apply knowledge in various aspects of economic performance of enterprises in international markets and gain the ability to use analytical methods to make strategic decisions of companies in global markets.
A graduate of the bachelor degree studies with a specialization in “International Business” gains knowledge in the field of economics, trade transactions, business economics, foreign trade, fundamentals of law.
List of modules
- Brand management in international business,
- Business law,
- Fundamentals of foreign trade,
- Global logistic chains,
Graduades may apply for following positions:
- economic advisor,
- interpreter in business negotiations,
- assistant in accounting department,
- employee of market analysis department,
- expert for logistics at international trade section,
- entrepreneur (self organised).
Computer Engineering and Mechatronics (BS) 7 semesters
Mechatronics is a relatively new discipline of applied sciences, created as a result of the in-depth merging of different fields of technology such as electronics, mechanics, automation and robotics.
The purpose of education in the area of ”Computer Engineering and Mechatronics” is to prepare engineering staff well-equipped with the competencies necessary to exist and function on the contemporary international labor market, having extensive knowledge in the field of design, production and operation of mechanical devices and automation used in industry. Studies in this area are conducted only in English. The knowledge acquired during studies and acquired and shaped skills enable the graduate to get a job in the changing economic conditions, requiring from the job candidate knowledge and skills in many fields of science covering areas such as mechanics, electronics and aspects of the application of IT systems in technology. A graduate of the “Computer Engineering and Mechatronics” Bachelor studies has specialist knowledge and general knowledge in the field of mechatronics, which will allow him to further education and self-education in selected areas related to engineering activities.
A graduate of “Computer Engineering and Mechatronics” after graduation, apart from knowledge and skills acquired during classes, broadens his horizons by acquiring knowledge and skills with aspects specific to the profession of IT, industrial automation and robotics, construction and machine construction.
A graduate of „Computer Engineering and Mechatronics” during studies gains:
- knowledge of the construction and operating principles of robots;
- knowledge of the principles of conducting engineering projects;
- knowledge about construction, principles of operation, programming and connecting programmable logic controllers with the object (PLC);
- knowledge of sensors and measuring non-electric quantities;
- knowledge about the construction and use of real-time operating systems;
- knowledge about structures, algorithms of operation and design principles of machine and device control systems;
- knowledge of the elements and components used to build control systems;
- knowledge about communication interfaces used in mechatronics;
- knowledge in the use of numerical methods in mechatronics;
- knowledge of construction, methodology for assessing reliability and knowledge of regulations and standards for selected mechatronic systems;
- knowledge about the principles of operating machinery and equipment.
A graduate of this area of study may find employment e.g. in companies dealing with installation, design and construction of mechatronic and IT systems.
Computer control systems engineering (MSc) 3 semesters
Objectives of education
The aim of education at the Computer control systems engineering specialization as part of the second-cycle studies is to prepare specialists with the competences necessary to exist and function on the contemporary international labor market, with extensive knowledge in the field of automation used in industry, control systems, and operation of mechanical devices. Studies in this specialization are conducted only in English.
Significant advantages of the “Computer control systems engineerinng” area in second-cycle studies are:
- staff largely consisting of practitioners and academic teachers with many years of experience and scientific achievements,
- comprehensive laboratory facilities in the field of automation and metrology,
- access to laboratories outside class hours,
- free Microsoft software as part of MSDNAA and SOLID Edge software (CAD software),
- possibility to go to study under the Erasmus program,
- e-learning platform.
List of modules:
- Data transmission,
- PLC programming,
- LabView programming,
- CAD systems,
- Communication interfaces in IOT systems,
- Embedded operating systems,
- Intelligent decision systems,
- Designing precise systems,
- Low-level programming,
- CNC programming,
- Project management and team building.
A graduate of the Computer control systems engineering specialization has specialist knowledge and skills in the field of mechatronics, in particular in the field of:
- modern control theories,
- methods of designing control systems,
- machine learning,
- data acquisition,
- signal processing,
- artificial intelligence,
- designing embedded systems,
- intelligent decision systems,
- research methodology, including experimental research in the field of mechatronics and the ability to apply appropriate research methods and techniques.
International tourism and hospitality management (BА) 6 semesters
Objectives of education
Tourism as part of a modern global market and related with it specialized services offered to tourists in tourist destinations has become an economic phenomenon of the twenty-first century. Developing tourist services characterised by constant dynamics respond to the ever-changing needs and expectations of millions of tourists which in turn generates a constant need for a properly educated creative staff.
Within the area of International Tourism, our priority is to educate highly qualified graduates, well prepared to perform various professional roles in workplaces in the tourism and recreation industry, which dynamically develops across the whole EU. The WSG University prides itself for long-standing and highly valued experience in the education market in the field of tourism and it has reached the 3rd place in 2018 in the ranking of ‘Wiadomości Turystyczne’ (transl.: tourism news), the most respected trade magazine on the Polish market. Our most important goal is to provide and develop practical skills and to teach creative approach to work at various positions. We are in a small group of Polish universities with whom the Polish Tourist Organisation has signed an agreement on cooperation in the field of tourism research and the training of professional personnel.
The study program
The basic premise of the study program is to move away from the theoretical education and to put a clear emphasis on expertise which comprehensively prepares graduates for employment in broad tourism services sector. In addition, an important aspect of education is to acquire or to improve communication skills in foreign languages with particular focus on the area of industry and the development of a culture of service and professional ethics. Such an approach means to equip a graduate with a range of skills and competencies to be easily tailored to the requirements of the labor market and the expectations of employers in the tourism industry.
During the first year of study, students carry a 5-day sports camp. The camp consists of 32h classes and takes place in a special convention for stationary and extramural forms of education.
Studies in the field of International Tourism have a strong focus on transfer of knowledge and practical skills, which will affect the preparation of graduates for the needs of the tourism industry labour market. Knowledge, profiled interdisciplinary (e.g. of an economic nature – economy, organization and management; of a humanistic nature – psychology, sociology), will enable graduates to develop views on the operations of the tourism industry, including various types of tourist services providers. It will also allow the acquisition of high professional competencies in organizing entities’ activities in order to meet the needs of tourists in the tourist environment. The task of education in the proposed area is to provide comprehensive knowledge of i.e.:
- tourist traffic organization and services (including culture of service and ethics of the profession),
- operations of travel agencies,
- laws in tourism industry,
- accommodation facilities,
- catering establishments,
- tour guiding as well as travel insurance,
- tourist services and tourist events planning.
The program will be implemented in correlation with extra modules that expand skills and competencies (e.g. IT services in tourism, economics and law in tourism).
The premise of the study program in the field of International Tourism is to equip graduates with a range of sought labor market skills and competencies which can be easily tailored to the requirements and expectations of employers in the tourism industry. For example:
- acquisition of tourism vocabulary,
- management of a hotel and its various departments,
- preparation and conducttion of tourist events,
- recreational and cultural activities in a variety of hotel facilities,
- recreational sports, etc.,
- guest services,
- hotel recordkeeping,
- tourist offices,
- recreation centers,
- sports facilities, etc.,
- management skills at catering and economy in tourist facilities,
- ability to calculate and settle tourist events,
- skills of developing trade agreements and negotiating with contractors,
- team work,
- conflict resolution, etc.
List of modules
- Law in tourism and recreation
- Tourist business management
- Basics of tourism
- Basics of recreation
- Tourist geography of the world
- Tourist services
- Economics of tourism
- Basics of hospitality
- Pedagogy of free time
- Fundamentals of Human Nutrition
Graduates in the field of International Tourism are prepared to work as a tourist traffic manager; to plan and conduct various types of tourist events; at mid-level positions in operations of tourist services at various stages of travel in self-governing institutions, tourist organizations, tourist companies and entities operating in the tourist services market and within their own business related to tourism.
Graduates may take up employment in: hotels and other facilities that provide accommodation and other tourist services, tourist office, tour operator companies and travel agencies, tourist information centers,
companies providing tourist transport services (airlines, seafaring, coaches)
conference, convention and trade fair centers, tourist organizations and associations which promote the development of tourism, eg. local and regional tourist organizations, offices in departments and units of local government and state administration involved in development and promotion of tourism, own business in the tourism industry associated with tourist services tour guiding as a tour guide or a tour resident.
Tourism and hospitality management (MA) 4 semesters
The two-year Tourism and Hospitality Management degree combines theory with practice. You will immediately collaborate with companies from the field. Tourism and Hospitality Management focuses on the business side of tourism and hospitality. You will cover general management subjects and specialist tourism and hospitality courses, which makes you attractive to employers in different sectors. You get a good dose of theory that you put into practice during projects and an internship.The first year of this programme aim to equip you with a broad sense of what tourism and hospitality management is about. You will learn how tourism products are created and developed, examine current tourism and hospitality trends and gain insight into tour operating, sales and e-business. Besides, attending timetabled teaching, you will also spend time studying independently and undertaking research. During the last half of the second year, you will work towards graduation.
Student in the field of International Tourism focuses on transfer of knowledge and practical skills, which will affect the preparation of graduates for the needs of tourism and hospitality management. Interdisciplinary subjects in the area of economy, psychology, law and sociology enable graduates to broaden their specialist knowledge essential in management processes. Graduate gains all the specific terminology of tourism and hospitality, gets to know current trends and latest achievement and innovations in tourism area, gains the knowledge about management in tourism organizations, departments or enterprise.
The graduate will be able to:
- evaluate the quality of products, services and systems used in tourism and hospitality,
- prepare the assessment of the attractiveness of tourism potential.
- knows and uses the methods to create and promote new tourism product,
- choose, verify and project the whole management processes in tourism and hospitality.
List of modules
- MICE events
- Trends in hospitality
- Law in hospitality and gastronomy
- Hotel management
- Hotel services marketing
- Business tourism in hospitality
- Cuisine trends
- IT in tourism
- International hotel chains: reception desk, concierge, manager
- Welcome center
- Touroperator, travel agency,
- Tourism organizations, tourism management, tourism marketing
- Convention Bureau
- Customer service in tourism
- Tourist product management
- Graduates earnings
Area of study Field of study System of studies Place Graduate earnings Measuring automation Mechatronics BS Bydgoszcz 6234.88 PLN International business Economics MA Bydgoszcz 4262.25 PLN International tourism and hospitality management Tourism BA Bydgoszcz 3669.29 PLN Year of grduation (2020)
*Nationwide Monitoring System (2023)
- Your Questions, Students Answers
Tetiana Pidstavska (Student at the University of Economy in the department Tourism and Recreation)
Why do You choose Poland for studying?
Polish community in western Ukraine certainly played a role in selecting country for studying, but also the availability and quality of Polish education played role. In Poland, you feel yourself like at home due to the similarity of Polish and Ukrainian languages.
Why do You choose University of Economy?
University of Economy has many opportunities for students. The main are: travelling around Europe, you can organize trip by yourself or can attend at international programmes, you have the opportunity to use high-quality equipment during you study. The main advantage is a highly qualified academic staff.
Serhii Varzhanskyj (Student at the University of Economy in the department Tourism and Recreation)
Why do You choose Poland for studying?
I chose Poland for studying not only through the quality of higher education, but also through good transport links with Ukraine and Europe, which give me opportunity to open the world.
Why do You choose the University of Economy?
At the University of Economy you are in a multicultural environmental where you can communicate in Ukrainian, Russian, English, Polish and others languages. Such environment helps you to discover other cultures.
Thanks to the University of Economy, I acquired practical skills in the field of tourism. I also got an opportunity to attend at internship at the Museum of Soap and Dirt, and then I got the job here and now I can combine studying and job.
“Practice is the most important for us” – student of International Tourism and Hospitality Management
Visiting Museum of Soap and Dirt in Bydgoszcz